Enable/disable Inline AutoComplete feature in File Explorer and Run dialog on Windows 10
Inline AutoComplete adds suggestions to what you type by automatically completing what you type with the best match.
This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable Inline AutoComplete in File Explorer address bar (Win + E) and Run dialog box (Win + R) in Windows 10 .
Enable/Disable Inline AutoComplete in File Explorer and Run dialog using Internet Options
1. Open the Control Panel (icon view) and click the Internet Options icon .
2. Click the Advanced tab .
3. Select (on) or uncheck (off - default) the Use inline AutoComplete in File Explorer and Run Dialog option in the Browser section , depending on what you want and click OK.
Select or deselect the Use inline AutoComplete in File Explorer and Run Dialogue option
4. If you have Inline AutoComplete enabled, you also need to enable Let Windows track app launch to improve Start and search results to get history for Inline AutoComplete.
- How to enable/disable Suspend Mixed Reality and its Apps when Headset is Asleep feature in Windows 10
Enable/Disable Inline AutoComplete in File Explorer and Run dialog using REG . file
The downloadable .reg files below will modify the following registry key string values:
Append Completion chuỗi String Value
yes = On
no = Off
1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below, depending on what you want to do.
2. To enable Inline AutoComplete in File Explorer and the Run dialog, download the file Turn_ON_inline_AutoComplete_for_File_Explorer_and_Run_Dialog , and then skip to step 4 below.
3. To disable Inline AutoComplete in File Explorer and Run dialog, download the file Turn_OFF_inline_AutoComplete_for_File_Explorer_and_Run_Dialog.reg and skip to step 4 below.
4. Save the .reg file to the desktop.
5. Double-click the downloaded .reg file.
6. When prompted, click Run > Yes (UAC) > Yes > OK to approve the merge.
7. If you want, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.
8. If you have Inline AutoComplete enabled, you will also need to enable Let Windows track app launch to improve Start and search results to get a history for Inline AutoComplete.
Hope you are succesful.
How to enable/disable the Indexer Backoff feature in Windows
How to enable/disable Pause Updates feature for Windows Update in Windows 10
How to enable/disable the Archive Apps feature in Windows 10
How to enable/disable Device Encryption feature in Windows 10 Settings
How to enable/disable sync work from PC to cloud in Windows 10
Operate and exploit advertising by iCOMM Vietnam Media and Technology Joint Stock Company.
116 Thai Ha, Trung Liet Ward, Dong Da District, Hanoi.
Email: [email protected]
Editor in chief: Tran Vo
Tel: (+84) 903076053/7 Fax: (+84) 903030935